Crocs have become a popular everyday fit for our feet so they need to be cleaned regularly. Naturally, we humans have come up with various ways to clean our crocs. One method that I see pop up very often is cleaning them in the dishwasher (what?).
Can You Wash Crocs In The Dishwasher
No, you should not wash your crocs in a dishwasher, this is because:
- Washing shoes of any kind in your dishwasher is unhygienic. You will be washing off dirt and God knows what else from the floors, roads, parks, and other places in the same place where you wash the dishes that you eat from.
- Dishwashers usually use water that is way too hot. The Croslite foam material cannot withstand temperatures more than 30 degrees celsius without shrinking and warping.
- Depending on how dirty your crocs are, the dishwasher may not clean them adequately.
Alternative Ways To Wash Your Crocs
Instead of putting your crocs in the dishwasher, there are better, safer ways that you can clean them.
I recommend that you hand wash your crocs using mild detergent and water.
The Croslite foam material is very easy to clean when it is not stained or very dirty. Simply use a soft-bristled brush or a clean cloth dipped in detergent and water. Gently scrub around the shoes until all the surfaces have been cleaned. Then, allow them to air dry.
Even though Crocs does not recommend this, machine washing your crocs with cold water has proven to be an effective hack for cleaning them.
If You Still Want To Try The Dishwasher…
If you still want to give your dishwasher a try, here are my best recommendations to bring your crocs out safely:
- Pre-clean your crocs. Make sure you get off as much of the dirt and grime first as possible.
- Do not use hot or warm water. Set your dishwasher to its cold setting.
- You can use dishwashing soap as this will be gentle on the crocs but still effective.
- Do not put anything else in the dishwasher with the crocs.
- Try to angle the crocs where the spray nozzles in the dishwasher will have the most impact.
- Place the crocs on the bottom rack and make sure they are secure to avoid them from moving around.
- Do not leave the crocs inside the dishwasher for more than 10-15 minutes.
- When you take them out, let them air dry.
- Clean and disinfect your dishwasher.
Related Article – 4 Best Ways How to Safely Clean & Wash Fuzzy Crocs