Crocs shoes are made of Croslite foam material, which is very different from plastic or rubber. And because of this Crocs recommend that you should hand wash your crocs using cold water and mild detergent.
However, as always, the hackiest of us have found an easier way.
Can You Put Crocs In The Washing Machine
You can put your crocs in the washing machine. However, there are a few things you need to consider if you do to prevent ruining your crocs.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Croslite foam cannot withstand temperatures that are higher than 30 degrees. So, if you are putting your crocs in the washing machine, use cold water. Do not use warm or hot water.
- If you are using the machine’s spin feature, use the slowest setting. If possible, avoid using the spin feature at all. But, if you cannot turn it off, use the lowest setting. Spinning too harshly can warp the material and change the shape of your crocs.
- Use detergent alone. Do not use bleach (unless your crocs are white) and do not use harsh chemicals. Just mild detergent is enough to clean the Croslite™ foam material.
- Do not wash them in the machine for too long. This will depend on how dirty they are, of course, but the shorter time they are in there, the better.
9 Alternatives to Crocs Shine – How To Make Crocs Shiny Again
Washing Crocs in the Dishwasher – What You Need to Know
How To Safely Wash Crocs In The Washing Machine
- Use a clean brush or cloth to remove excess dirt and debris from the shoes.
- If your crocs are fur-lined, remove the fur and clean that separately.
- Place each shoe in a washing bag (usually a mesh bag) or a pillowcase. If you do not have bags or pillowcases, you can also use a few bath towels.
- Place the shoes (in the bags/pillowcases or with the towels) in the washing machine and fill the machine with cold water.
- Use a mild detergent and add it to the machine as you usually would.
- Set the machine on the cold, gentle cycle for an hour or less (depending on how dirty they are).
- Turn off the spin feature if you can. If you cannot, use the lowest possible setting.
- Let your shoes wash and check them after the cycle has ended.
- Take the shoes out of the machine and the bags and place them in a dry place to air dry. Do not place them in direct sunlight.
Related Article – 5 Ways How to Clean White Crocs to Make Them White Again
Is it Safe to Put Crocs in the Dryer
You should not put your crocs in the dryer.
Dryers that use heat will shrink and damage the Croslite foam material. Spin drying will also warp and damage the shoes.
Related Article – 4 Best Ways How to Safely Clean & Wash Fuzzy Crocs
How To Safely Dry Crocs
It is best to let your crocs air dry. The Croslite foam material will not take very long to dry.
You can use a clean, dry cloth to wipe your crocs and remove the excess water. However, natural, room-temperature air should be enough to dry your crocs without damaging the material.
Video: Cleaners Blog – How to Wash Crocs in a Washing Machine – [Do’s and Don’ts]
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can Crocs shrink in a washing machine?
Yes. If you wash your crocs in the washing machine using warm or hot water, the Croslite foam material will shrink.
The high temperature will damage the Croslite™ foam material and cause it to warp and shrink.
However, you can safely wash your crocs in the washing machine with cold water as detailed above.
Can I leave my crocs to dry in the sun after washing them in the machine?
You should not leave your crocs out in the sun to dry.
Heat will shrink and damage the Croslite foam material. Direct sunlight for an extended period will damage your crocs. They do not need that much heat or any heat at all to dry.
Crocs Customer Service: Frequently Asked Questions
Care & Cleaning | Crocs EU Official Site
The Easiest Way to Get Your Crocs Squeaky Clean
Can You Put Crocs In Washing Machine?
9 Alternatives to Crocs Shine - To Make Crocs Shiny Again Crocs are sometimes our feet’s best friend and when stepping out in them, we sometimes want them to look shiny and new. Of course,...